Tonight is the annual Emmy Nominations and Awards.  I for one have not
watched this program for many years.  I purposely boycott it as I am not at
all impressed with the quality of television programming in our present day.
Presenting awards for the type of programming and humor that is often
recognized today goes against my values.  But I speak only for myself.  On
this night of the Emmy Awards let us remember those truly deserving awards
that were given to two outstanding artists - Don Knotts and Francis Bavier.

Season 1960-1961 - Don Knotts won for outstanding performance in a
supporting role by an actor or actress in a series.
Season 1961-1962 - Don Knotts won for outstanding performance in a
supporting role by an actor.
Season 1962-1963 - Don Knotts won outstanding performance in a supporting
role by an actor.
Season 1965-1966 - Don Knotts won for "Return of Barney Fife" as outstanding
performance by an actor in a supporting role in a comedy.
Season 1966-1967-  Don Knotts won for "Barney Comes to Mayberry" as
outstanding performance by actor in supporting role in comedy.
Season 1966-1967 - Francis Bavier wins outstanding performance by an actress
in a supporting role in a comedy.

Ken Anderson
2906 May Street
Eau Claire, WI 54701