While I enjoyed the cases of ployschwamp-maina stories, I held off for a
few days reporting my ailment, not to confuse folks.  I don't have that
one.  I need to report though, that I've got it.  No, I'm not a big
bundle of singing talent (remember I'm the Untrained Voice).  It has
nothing to do with the uvula, or the patella oblingata.  Is nothing that
a hanging sling, or breathin' in a fan will help.  Its not low
sugar-blood content or a weak pulse, nor nothing that Indian Elixir
would solve.

Its not the Beasleys, the German Beasleys, or the Versitis.  It is quite
simply "the schwamps"  (Andy Griffith version of the mumps).  You see I
have this obsession to watch episodes of our favorite show and look for
those obscure background characters like...well of course Mr. Schwamp,
Nice Dress Nellie, Horn-Rimmed Harry, Tom Jacobs, Joe Hamilton. Etc.
The ailment is named, of course, after  the most famous of these
characters.

This affliction, is something that I must attribute to the electronal
marvel of  the DVD Player.  Now that we have TAGS DVDs, its easy to
search, back up zoom in, etc.  It is that marvel that I give credit for
now identifying 22 Schwamp episodes and counting.  He is mentioned in
many of the books on The Andy Griffith Show, but most list only about
6-8 appearances.  This website of ours, is the only place, I believe,
you will find all 22 !!!

http://www.mayberrygossipclub.com/gossip/index.php?title=Mr._Schwamp

The last couple I found are so obscure, I'm a little embarrassed to
admit it.  In "Don't Miss a Good Bet" he can only be seen from the rear
and side of his face.  In "The Statue", he is waaay in the background
with a hat on.  Go ahead, take a look.

After a little more viewing, I hope to work with Allan on pages on the
Gossip website for Nice Dress Nelly, and Tom Jacobs.  That's one thing
that is fun, 40 years after the show was made,  delving deeper into the
mysteries of all the characters...being a true "Trained Noticer".

Don't get to close to me...or you might catch a case of   "the Schwamp"
(symptoms, bleary eyes, and twitchy remote control finger,
uncontrollable grinning and nodding...and possible hair loss)

The Untrained Voice, Sgt. At Arms
Schwamp Fan Club and Hair Loss Support Group