Well, I can't let this subject go by without sharin' my favorite scene of all
times.  It's the episode when Andy spends lots of time with Peg, and Opie gets
jealous and worried that his pa won't have time for him anymore.  Peg leaves a
message with Opie at the jail, but Opie accidentally drops it in the waste
basket with his foot!  Peg finally catches up with Andy in front of his house
and tells him off.  Opie overhears them speaking, and as Andy contemplates what
just happened, Opie confesses that he threw away the message.  Andy does a
great job showing an angry emotion, and as Opie shares his feelings, you can
see Andy melt.  When he takes him on his lap and explains to Opie that he's a
part of him and no one can take his place, I just tear up.  Then I burst out
laughing when Andy says he can't take Barney to a dance.  And finally when Andy
says they're buddies, my throat is all choked up.   Gets me every time.  I love
all the porch scenes, but this one has to be the most touching of them all.