I've really enjoyed reading everyone's notes about front porches. That's one
strong memory I have from growing up in NC. We spent every summer night out on
the front porch. We'd watch the lightning come across the horizon. If it got
too close, we'd go inside. My fondest memories of my Dad was of him sitting in
the swing waving at folks driving by. Eventually we acquired two swings (one on
each end of the porch) so Dad didn't have to sit in the sun. Thanks for the
memories. Marti