I lived in a small Ohio town in the 1930s & lived in several houses with front
porches, some small & others larger, but the porch I dearly loved belonged to
my grandmother. It extended across the front & partway up the side on the right
hand side.  On the front part, grandma had a glider swing where friends &
family congregated.  The house was a 2 story built by my grandfather which had
grown over the years as the family of 11 had been come along. Unfortunately
grandpa did not have a will so years later family members were asked to sign
off so that my Uncle Harry could sell the property. Most of us did but a few
hold outs prevented the sale of this over one hundred year old home. When I
wrote to the lawyer handling it, telling him how much I loved the old home &
that my sister & I had lived there a short time with grandma, he sent me a
small snapshot which I framed as a reminder of the home I loved so much which
shows that wonderful front porch.