I don't know if these have been mentioned yet, but I remember the porch scene
in the lucky letter episode where Andy is trying to figure out where Barney
could be.  He realizes he needs to think like Barney, then asks Opie what he
would do in that situation.  Opie says he guessed he'd go look fo the chain
letter.
Another nice porch scene is where Opie asks why they couldn't take Frank Myers
in since he had been evicted.  I think in each case, Opie is seemingly absorbed
in playing with blocks or something but is still included in the grown-up talk.
 Such a comforting thought.

Carol
Kind behind the eyes