I can't remember us talking about this too much before, but who's your
favorite beau for Aunt Bee?  You know, she really didn't have much luck in
picking out fellas:

- Orville Hendricks.  She didn't even tell Orville about it!
- Hubert St. John.  Just thought Bee resembled his dead wife.
- Fred Goss.  Well, what can you say.
- Roger Hanover.  A little bit of Roger went a long way.
- Henry Wheeler.  Pretty good at dispatching aphids, but not much else.

Now she did have some luck with Rev. Leighton even after she revealed the
wig.

But my favorite is John Canfield.  If the producers would have decided to
make him a resident of Mayberry, he would have fit right in.  He and Bee
were a believable couple who enjoyed each other's company.  Of course,
having the wonderful Charlie Ruggles as John was a piece of brilliant
casting if the goal was to select an actor who could come into Mayberry and
make it seen like he belonged there.

dan