>I can't remember us talking about this too much before, but who's your
>favorite beau for Aunt Bee?  You know, she really didn't have much luck
>in picking out fellas:

I mentioned once that I thought they should have kept the politician, John
Canfield, on as a regular, as Aunt Bee's boyfriend or even husband. The
writers could have carried an entire season with the two dating and marrying
and he settling in at the Taylor house.  They made a  beautiful pair and
seemed so content with each other at the end of the episode, napping on the
front porch. They could have ended each day, soaking their feet together.

Can you imagine a conversation when Barney came to visit? Barney would have
been proud to know a congressman. He'd probably give Canfield plenty of
suggestions on how to run the country.

Harriet, the chicken thief
Kelsy's Woods, USA

......"Johnny Paul Jason says chewing tar is good for your teeth"..."That's
an old wives tale"...."Johnny Paul ain't married"........