One of my favorite episodes involving the front porch is when Andy is
explaining to Opie why Aunt Bee wants to marry Fred Goss, the dry
cleaning man, while Aunt Bee sits quietly in her chair.  Opie says his
Pa left out the one main reason and that was because she has that deep
down kind of love and Andy realizes from Aunt Bee's facial expression
and lack of response that she, in fact, does not have that deep down
kind of love for Mr. Goss.  It is then that Andy expresses to Aunt Bee
that they are a family and that they love one another and that no one in
their household will marry unless they have an overwhelming kind of love
(something to that effect).  She turns to him with tears in her eyes and
says: "Oh, Andy" and they hug and go in the house.  That brings tears to
my eyes every time.  So touching and so eloquently put.

Shirley
"I Wouldn't Marry You If You Were The Last Man on Earth"
Angola, Indiana