Growing up in the beautiful West Virginia mountains,
  we had a big front porch that ran across the front of
  the house.  It held a wood swing, some of those metal
  shell-backed chairs, and a rocker or two, depending on
  how many folks were visiting.  It was the best place for
  summer days & nights, watching & waving to the neighbors,
  and making tents to play in...

  After growing up and moving away, I missed that porch,
  and the times spend with my Mom, Aunt Frances with
  her old Martin guitar, Aunt Sada, me and lots of cousins
  to boot.  The singing was simple but so sweet, and the
  family cut-up's keep us holding our sides.  Those were
  truly wonderful times...

  I made up my mind that one day I've have a porch again,
  and so last year when we build a new house, I got a new
  porch too.  This summer I had rockers on it, along with
  a little table to hold my morning coffee or evening pop.
  Some of my neighbors have porches too, but they don't
  seem to know what to do with them.  I'm hoping to teach
  them by example, that some part of a day spend on a front
  porch is like resting at the Masters feet...

  Brenda Jo

  PS  If your in the area, your welcome to come sit a spell...

"My help comes from the Lord"  Psalms 121:2