[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote "Also... anyone know where I can buy or
see the pilot episode, The Danny Thomas Show episode where they first
introduce Mayberry?"

It has been officially released on DVD in a Season 5 pack of "Make Room for
Daddy."  It is included as a bonus, since this is the 1957-58 season and our
beloved Andy's episode aired in 1960.  Here's a link if you're interested:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002PUFW6/sr=1-1/qid=1155435622/ref=pd_bbs
_1/103-6728929-5107850?ie=UTF8&s=dvd.   From the feedback it seems that all
the episodes are edited, so I doubt if this bonus episode is complete.

I have a VHS copy of the episode that aired on "Nick-at-Nite" in the
mid-1980s.  It is highly edited, as it only runs about 20 minutes.
Regardless, it is still great to Andy and Opie in their earliest days.  If
you would like a second-generation VHS copy of it, please e-mail me directly
at [EMAIL PROTECTED] and I'll make one for you.

Lots of luck to you and yours!
John "Gomer" Worsham