>>>Being from South Carolina, I never could figure out why there was never
ice tea (no, that's the way we say it) around.  For meals, there was coffee
with Opie having milk.  If it was hot, there was lemonade.  Where was the
tea?

Had TAGS been sponsored by Lipton, you can bet we would have seen everybody
in town drinking tea by the gallon.  For it's entire 8-year run, The Show
was sponsored by General Foods (makers of Sanka) and that's probably the
main reason the folks in Mayberry drank so much coffee.

Clara does mention "sweet tea and spicy talk" in one episode; it's not
mentioned whether the ladies enjoyed their tea hot or iced.

--Paul