I agree with what Thelma Lou (Janet) said in her post about Barney and Thelma
Lou and Juanita.

However, I think that Thelma Lou knew about Barney seeingJuanita, or at least
suspected it., and she just overlooked it.  Thelma Lou probably never saw
Barney and Juanita together, so it was easy for her to act like it was not
happening.

I believe that Thelma Lou really was the only girl Barney, well, loved.  But
Thelma Lou was a nice, respectable young lady and she did not go in for too
much of Barney's shenanigans.  When he got fresh, she slapped him.

Juanita, on the other hand, not only put up with, but encouraged Barney to get
fresh with her.  Remember when Barney called her for a date and said he was
taking her to the drive in movies at Mt. Pilot?  Juanita must have asked what
movie was showing and Barney said "what difference does it make", which implies
that he was planning on them doing something other than watching the show.
Thelma Lou would have hung up on him immediately if he had made such an
insinuation to her.  But Juanita didn't hang up on him at all.

I think Thelma Lou did not feel threatened by Juanita because she knew that
Barney was only dating her for one reason. It was the same reason why Barney
liked going to those rabbit girl clubs and why he subscribed to that magazine
that the college kid was selling, you know, the one with the fast lens
photography that captured the ribbon on that girl's foot.  Barney did not love
Juanita and Juanita did not love Barney.  They were just playmates in a game
that Thelma Lou would not let Barney play with her.  And with Juanita around,
Barney could have his fun and Thelma Lou did not have to spend every date
fighting him off.

Now, if Thelma Lou had suspected that there were any romantic intentions
between Barney and Juanita, that would have been a different story.  She would
have been jealous and angry like she was when she saw him flirting with that
new girl in town, Melissa.

Like my mother used to tell me, there are some girls that men go out with to
have a good time, but they are not the girls that men want to marry.  Juanita
was a good time girl and Thelma Lou was a marrying girl.

Barney probably planned on giving up Juanita once he married Thelma Lou, but he
was having so much fun having his cake and eating it too by dating them both
that he kept putting off marriage until Thelma Lou couldn't wait anymore and he
lost her.

Now, I don't agree with what Barney was doing.  He should have been faithful to
Thelma Lou all the way.  But he ended up paying the price for not being a one
woman man when Thelma Lou married that other guy and broke Barney's heart.

Mary Grace Gossage
"Hello, Sarah, get me Juanita down at the diner."