>>>I was watching the episode where Barney puts Gomer up on the roof to watch
>>>for the rest of the gang in case they tried to help break their two friends
>>>out.  The "Shakedown" episode.  Anyway, when Barney sees what he thinks is
>>>the other two gangsters in the alley he tells Gomer to cover him he is going
>>>down to catch them.  The next thing Barney jumps out from behind that crate
>>>and tells them to hold it right there.  What has me wondering is, how does
>>>Barney get into the alley without them seeing him?  I didn't see a back
>>>alley door way......maybe I just missed something.

There has to be a door back there somewhere that we never see.  We never see a
courthouse restroom, or the steps that lead up to the mayor's office (directly
above Andy's) but they must be back there at the rear of the building as well.
Another thing that remains a mystery is, how can there be an alley behind the
jail cells?  In Christmas Story, Andy arrests Ben Weaver for "prowling, maybe"
(among other charges) in this alley after Ben peers in through the window of
cell #2, and in Cousin Virgil, Barney backs the squad car up to the back of
cell #1 and yanks the bars out of the window.  But shouldn't Floyd's Barber
Shop be directly behind the back walls of the cells?
>>>Was there ever a reference to Bannertown on TAGS?  It seems kinda familiar
>>>to me.  Also, in which episode did Thelma Lou and Edgar Coleman glue covers
>>>on the church hymnals?

Bannertown is mentioned is Opie's Fortune.  Parnell Rigsby (who lost his purse
containing $50) lives there.  Thelma Lou plans to repair hymnbooks with Edgar
Coleman in The Lucky Letter (the chain letter episode).  Funny how we never see
Thelma Lou in church, not even once.

Paul Mulik