> I know this is going to start a controversy, but while watching "The Senior
> Play", (which I think is pretty poorly done), I got to thinking, which
> episode of Andy is the absolute worst?  My vote is for either "The Senior
> Play", or the one where Howard goes to the island.

I definitely agree that no matter what episode of TAGS, I'd rather be
watching it than almost anything else (certainly more than anything on
today). But there are some episodes in which I detect just the least flat
note. The main one that always comes to mind and that I always name is
episode 243, "Aunt Bee's Big Moment," when she learns to fly. Now, I love
aviation, and I love TAGS, but it's hard for me to believe the writers
weren't grasping for ideas—especially since Aunt Bee only learned to drive
in season six (in an episode I like much more). Of course, there are some
humorous moments in the episode (Goober's pancake-eating triumph comes to
mind, along with Andy's fourth-string-in status in the big football game).

What's interesting is that episode 235, "Howard's New Life," is a minor
favorite of mine even though it likewise features a somewhat unrealistic
plot. In fact, the gruff line "Wanna buy a ship in a bottle?" is probably in
my family's top 100 most-quoted TAGS lines. So while there are definitely a
few lackluster episodes (mainly in seasons 6 and 8, in my opinion), they all
have some redeeming qualities, most of all the simple fact that they're TAGS
episodes!

–A deceitful wretch hiding out in Oxford, Ohio (the Nashville of the North)