Whoa...whoa....sounds like it's time for me to post the WBMUTBB Rules again so please read the rules below. -- Allan

I feel like with the number of new members we've gotten lately that it's time to restate "The Rules" for everybody. You old-timers might want to read through this just to refresh your memories and I think it's good for all of us to try and remember these tried and true rules.---- Allan

From: anews...@aol.com

Hey Everybody,

Boy, things have really been growing here in out little corner of Mayberry!! Because of that I think it's time to remind everyone what WBMUTBB is all about:

We all know what Mayberry is about but do we realize why it is that we all visit there everyday? I know that the characters are great but more than that, they're friends. We "know" these people and it's just a joy to visit them every chance we get to watch them as they work their way through getting locked in a cell because the door "clangs shut" or any of the other wonderful situations they face. Things always work out in a wonderful way leaving a smile on our faces.

Mayberry is an escape from the day-to-day trials we all face. A short trip to a place where every body cares about one another and where we can forget, for a while, the fact that "real life" isn't as much like that as we'd like.

I started WBMUTBB back in 1990, along with several other good folks, and since then I've tried to make it as much like a "corner of Mayberry" as possible. I wanted this place to be somewhere folks could go and forget about the outside world and relax by reading about Andy, Barney, Opie, Aunt Bee, and the rest of our Mayberry family.

To try and make that happen I've required everyone who wanted to join to tell us a little about themselves so we could get to know them just a little bit. After all, in Mayberry everyone knew everybody else and how can we have a community without having at least some idea about our neighbors?

I've also had a couple of rules here and I try to enforce them.

Of course Rule #1 is...you guessed it...Obey all rules. Rule #2 is this: Talk about the things you like about Mayberry..not things you don't like.

I know some folks forget this second rule sometimes and they don't really understand WHY I think Rule #2 is important so let me just give you an example. Let's say I were to say, "Boy, I really hate Barney. I mean, look how stupid he is and poor Andy has to put up with him." If I said that (and meant it) what are the first things that happen to you?

First you'd feel like, "Man, that guys a jerk!" Then you'd get aggravated at this guy talking about your Favorite character (and friend), Barney Fife. Even if Barney's not your very favorite character, you'd likely be upset about this guy talking about your neighbor.

I've never heard anyone say anything like that about Barn but I have about other characters and folks forget that just because they don't like a particular character doesn't mean that character isn't someone elses favorite. You see, if I talk about your favorite character saying negative things about 'em it takes your fun away.

I think that's enough about Rule #2 and I hope you all understand the rule. It's not to take away from your fun but to encourage you all to tell us about what's fun to you and share your good feelings with others.

We have something special here. It's something you don't find often on the internet. No "flames", no "fighting", no "foul language." We have a place that children and adults can come and enjoy themselves.

Mayberry is a wonderful place and I'm just glad to be a part of this little corner of it.

Your Friend and neighbor,

Allan Newsome
  "Who's Been Messin' Up the Bulletin Board?" Chapter -Internet
           of "The Andy Griffith Show" Rerun Watchers Club