Hello fellow Mayberrians,
So sorry to hear of Pat Hingle's passing.  I was lucky enough to meet him
twenty plus years ago, when I worked in television.  He was being
interviewed for one of our news shows and I had a picture of him from his
guest starring role on MASH.  (Our station was running MASH reruns at the
time, so I was able to get the picture from our distributor)  I wanted him
to autograph the picture because that was one of my favorite episodes of
MASH (the one where they pull the April Fool's Joke).  It tickled me that he
couldn't remember the story line of the episode because he was such a busy
and popular actor, he couldn't keep up with all of his roles.  He asked me
to tell him about it, since I had enjoyed it so much.

Sadly, Mayberry has lost yet another friend who was lucky enough to pass
through the friendly town.

Lots of luck to you and yours,
Vicki Pillow