I just read an interesting bit of Ron Howard Trivia.

When he was on "Happy Days"  there is a scene where his "parents"
Howard and Marion come out of the Movie "Music Man" and talk about how
the little boy "Winthrop" and how he looks a lot like Richie.  They were
both Ron Howard, of course.

Speaking of trivia..who besides Mr. Griffith/Taylor used their own first
name on the series?  So far I can come up with one background actor.

This is just an observation.  In the Seth Taylor Statue episode, Seth
Taylor is referred to as your "Great great Grandfather" to both Aunt Bee
and Andy.  Wouldn't  they be a generation apart?  So maybe he was just
Aunt Bee's "Great"..and Andy's "Great Great"  something to ponder.

The Untrained Voice