Several years ago a French-speaking boy from Belgium lived with us while
attending a local university.   We became his home and family, and he is still
fondly considered to be one of our sons.     Many of our family customs and
characteristics were new and unfamiliar to this lad from a faraway land.
Geoffrey adapted quickly and came to love some of the things that were
important for us.   In his recent Christmas letter, he was reminiscing about
all the warm and wonderful things he remembered from his days with us.   I
thought you'd appreciate two of Geoffrey's sentences, reprinted below:    (Did
I teach him right?)

>>  And of course, I remember The Andy Griffith
show and Barney Fife -- what a character!  What good memories!   <<

Geoffrey was a very quiet, passive kid with little expression, but I'm here to
tell you -- Barney Fife had Geoffrey rolling on the floor with laughter!   As
you can see, he never forgot his first exposure to Mayberry in the U.S. of A.

Speaking of French, when Barney pronounces "coupé," he's trying to impress us
that he really knows this exotic language and "coo-pay" is actually the way
it's said in French.   Once he reminded us, "You're not talkin' to a jerk, ya
know."    Bon jour!

Larry in CO