This may be a semi-original thought. If so it's one of about three I've ever
had. Anyway, note the number of adults to which children (especially Opie)
referred or called by their first names. Opie called Barney, Floyd, Goober, etc
by their first names. Of course Helen was Miss Crump because she was Opie's
teacher. But she was "Helen" in Return to Mayberry (and Opie was grown by
then). I never thought much about it, because I always called my aunts, uncles,
parents friends, and many other adults by their first names. Maybe its because
I'm the oldest child (and first grandchild on both sides) and those are just
the names I always heard. No disrespect was ever intended, and I don't think
any was ever taken. Thoughts?

Don Good
(whose Chinese name translates "Sport")