Well, fellow Mayberrians, if you want the ultimate experience in feeling you
are finally in our beloved hometown, then all you have to do is visit with
Marsha and Dave at their Taylor Home Inn at Clear Lake, WI. It was all I could
do to fight the tears at such an emotional high! Not only will the sight of the
outside of the house knock your socks off, the details of the inside will
render you speechless; however, Marsha manages to sprinkle what I call Andyisms
throughout her conversation while taking you thru everything. I felt like I had
met my "soul sister" at last as we both knew exactly what we referred to at all
times. But wait, there's more! In the basement is an authentic re-creation of
the courthouse. I'm not kidding! I got to sit in Andy's chair and pretend to
answer the phone. My little Thel got incarcerated in cell #1. Now I'm not done
yet - out back behind the garage is a replica of Wally's fillin' station right
down to the pop cooler! This sojourn has been the highlight of my trip and I
can hardly wait to return someday for a longer visit. These lovely folks have
put so much heart into their "labour of love" that it shows vividly. The entire
property is beautiful and well-kept. I cannot recommend it enough, honest. Now
hold onto your hats, cuz Marsha will have some big news in a few days (aw, big
ain't the word for it!) - you'll be so tickled when you hear!!!
Aunt Bee of Orlando