>>>People often say of Mayberry that "time stood still".  Well, is there any
>>>wonder?  Other than the clock on the courthouse wall, I don't recall ever
>>>seeing another clock in all of Mayberry.  Of course Andy had his pocket
>>>watch and Barney had his stainless steel wristwatch, but other than that I
>>>don't recall seeing a clock anywhere.  ....  If anyone else has seen other
>>>clocks I would appreciate hearing about them because this has been praying
>>>on my mind a lot lately.  ....<<<

Good question Ken
If I remember correctly Mayor Stoner had a pocket watch that he watched very
closely..was it when he expected the prisoner back??

Goober must not have had a clock because he was late minding the courthouse
(I'll be there)

Now Peggy was quite upset when Andy was late for a date, and she got mud
splashed all over her.

Clarence Earp counted on there being some kind of Time-keeping for his Duel
with Andy at "High Noon"

There were a few less pocket watches in town when the Guest of Honor, Mr Moody,
 was loose.

Wasn't the bank safe set to open at a certain time?

Gomer seemed oblivious to time when he was telling his Burdy Blush story..but
when he was a candidate for the choir, he knew his scedule by heart and rattled
it off for Mr. Masters.

I'll keep the bucket on..these are time refernces..but true "not alot of
clocks".

The Untrained Voice

you don't want a clock in Church, because then noone will be clock watching
when the sermon is as dry as dust.