The first vacation that came to mind was when Barney went to Raleigh and stayed at the YMCA. He wrote a letter to Andy and the boys telling them about his early morning breakfast and the waitresses with peek-a- boo blouses. Opie wanted to know if that was like when you play peek-a- boo with babies. Also, in the color show when Andy, Helen, Howard and an old 'friend' of Andy's went to the mountains for a weekend. Chimney Rock was mentioned. In Rutherford County in western NC there is Lake Lure and Chimney Rock where my family had a cabin on the lake. My father's family is from Rutherfordton (my Mayberry) and I have spent summers on that lake since I was born as we go way back in that area. Elizabeth in Ga