I was sorry to hear about the Aug 30 passing of Peggy Lloyd, mother of TAGS'
own Juanita Pike/Lydia Crossthwaite. I had the privilege of corresponding
with Peggy Lloyd, as well as her husband, actor/director/writer/producer
Norman Lloyd when I sought to have Josie Lloyd autograph my copy of Jim
Clark and Ken Beck's 2000 book, Mayberry Memories. Josie respectfully
declined the autograph request through her parents. Norman Lloyd indicated
Josie had a rough time dealing with the breakup in the 1960s of a long-term
relationship, not long after which her acting career gradually tapered off.
I wished Josie comprehended how much TAGS fans loved her work on the show.

Paul Gilkes
Sidney, OH