>>>To answer the dinner question, dinner is lunch. I once was invited to
>>>"dinner" at my grandparent's house so I showed up in the evening. Grandma
>>>was rather upset that I did not show up at noon, when dinner was served.
>>>They did not call it lunch, it was dinner. Dinner was at noon.<<<

Yes, when I was growing up on the farm, we ate breakfast, dinner, and supper.
Dinner was the noon meal and often was the most substantial meal of the day,
and supper was usually mid-evening, around 8:00, give or take an hour, since my
dad was a farmer and didn't get back in the house till evening, after all his
chores were done.  People in Mayberry would have used "Sunday dinner" to refer
to the midday meal, not the evening meal.  I think that terminology was more
common when our culture was more rural and less urban.  When I got in high
school and college, I started using the word "lunch," which I heard used more
often.  But I still call the evening meal supper and probably always will.

Thelma Lou
(Janet)