I was just looking on the Internet (like a lot of folks have been doing for the last couple of days) and found this nice article about our friend George.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-george-lindsey-goober-pyle-20120507,0,1472663.story

For those of us who had the opportunity to know him, we will remember him not as "Goober" but as George, a warm, wonderful, caring person who allowed us to see the real man under the beanie. I urge everyone to read more about George and his life outside of Mayberry. It was an amazing life. Thank you George Jr. and Camden for sharing your dad with us. Thank you Anne for always being there and putting a smile on George's face. And from the heart, thank you George. You were one-of-a-kind. I'll miss you my friend.

Gary