Hi, please allow my sadness for the lost of Goober to precede my post.

Watching episodes that Goober has a major role in via WFMY Channel 2 here in
Lexington.
The episode (The art of love ). In that episode where Barney and Andy are
trying to get Goober a date ( so that he will quit intruding on their time with
Helen and Thelma Lou ) , Barney refers to Lydia Crosswaith ( sp?) as an
albatross. Now Lydia has a good size nose on her that appears to be offline
somewhat , not to mention that knot or whatever it is on the end of her nose as
well. Now when Barney is referring to her as an albatross is he 1. referring to
her as a woman with a long crooked nose. 2 A worriesome burden that is always
meddling in their affairs or C. Both ?

Holland
Lexington NC , just 55 minutes from Mayberry

albatross or al·ba·tross·es. 1. Any of several large, web-footed birds
constituting the family Diomedeidae, chiefly of the oceans of the Southern
Hemisphere, and having a hooked beak and long, narrow wings. 2.a. A constant,
worrisome burden. b. An obstacle to success.