Hello All
As about graduation and world war 11.  It is possible that Andy left high
school to serve in the war.  Barney served as a clerk in new jersey or new
york. Both being about the same age could have taken time out for war then
returned to achool when they got back.  My uncle left school and returned for
his senior year.
Many did this.
And if andy took over for paley, he was probably a deputy at the time and
finished the term.  He would have been still in his early 20s, since he was 35
in about 1963.
All very interesting.  If opie was 6 in 1960, then he was born on the show
about 1954.
And if andy went to war in 44, at 15 or so,  he was just too young.  so, maybe
just maybe, then meant korea, and just misspoke.  Quiet Sam was probably a
korea vet.  Andy at one oint said he had been to france too during the war.
All of this is curious just curious.
I have had the bucket on my head ondering this so much i got a headache.

Sande Riggs
President
At The Crossroads
Chapter