Just a quick comment on the green paint...maybe this has already been said...I
haven't had much time lately to read the Digest in detail, but my recollection
is that the green walls appeared with the first color episode in season 6.  If
so, I'm guessing that the walls were painted that way to make the best possible
shading for black & white filming from earlier seasons.  Maybe no one got
around to realizing it didn't look that great for a while...

Keith in Nebraska

Andy:  [Admiring his new business cards from Aunt Bee] "Andrew Taylor. Sheriff.
 Green ink?"