Hey, Mayberry friends. All the talk about Andy's old home being demolished
brought this to my mind. I posted this before but it's been 3-4 yrs. ago so
maybe our newer members may enjoy reading this. We spent a week at NC's Outer
Banks on a summer vacation in 2009, and it's a great place to visit. The
beautiful waterfront, all the historical sights,  and seeing 'The Lost Colony'
at the Waterside Theater (one time Andy actually played there), was well worth
the trip. While visiting the Old Fort Raleigh and museum, I walked up to some
of the caretakers there and casually asked if they knew where Andy lived. They
told me 'sure,we'll tell you, but remember that Andy is a very private man'. I
rode by his home (it's not visible from the highway), saw his driveway, fence
and gate. But not being an 'interloper' I wouldn't dare approach it. Just being
close to where he lives was enough for this Mayberry 'nut'. Anyway, it was a
great experience.

We're planning on being at 'Mayberry Comes to Westminster, SC' in April,
Mayberry Night in Troy,NC' in August,  and 'Mayberry Days' in Mount Airy, NC
(the biggie!) in September. I just can't get enough of this Mayberry stuff!

Many thanks to Allan Newsome for the daily digest that keeps my 'Mayberry fix'
under control, and thanks to all the contributors that keep the digest so
interesting.

  Larry in Lincolnton

 "Everything is OK in Mayberry".......Floyd.

Just one more thing: Many thanks to the folks at the Surry Arts Council for
sending me an autographed photo of Betty Lynn. It will always have a prominent
place in my living room.

  Larry in Lincolnton