I had actually not noticed the differences in the accessories on Andy's belt.
Good catch, but that's not the one I'm thinking of.

OK, I'll just go ahead and tell you. Probably everyone knows that the Mayberry
squad car was always the latest model Ford sedan.  At some point in the middle
of each season, the one-year-old car was replaced with a brand new one.

In the opening shot of Aunt Bee the Warden, we see the 1961 squad car roaring
down the road with the siren wailing. Seconds later, when the car pulls up in
front of the courthouse (with the siren still going), it's the 1962 model!
Maybe Andy got a call on the radio that his new car was ready, and he stopped
off on the way to pick it up. Doesn't seem very likely, does it?

Paul Mulik