Giving it another try! Maybe this one will work! - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have been having some internet loss & since I never saw this posted, I'm
sending again FYI....- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I guess we have gone to our last Mayberry Days. My oncologist has advised me to
stay out of restaurants & avoid crowds. That describes Mayberry Days! Snappy
Lunch, Barney's, Aunt Bee's, Leon's, naming just a few.
See, I have chronic lymphocytic leukemia & my immune system goes down a bit
with every visit. He said I'll die with it but not from it. So that means I'll
be canceling my hotel reservation & selling my Col. Tim's tickets, 2nd row
center for my cost, if anyone is interested.
We will still visit Mt. Airy now & then, but not while it is crowded. Just
won't work any more.
So, for all those we have met over the years, it has been fun! We have met so
many nice people & also met many of those who were in the show. That doesn't
include the wonderful 'tribute artists' along the way. David Browning, the
first one we ever met, at a Cracker Barrel Grand Opening & he told us about
Mayberry Days.
Allan Newsome, Jeff Branch, Ken Junkin, Alma Venable, "Goober" Tim Pettigrew &
"Gomer" Micheal Oliver - Phil Lee & Phil Fox the resident Ernest T characters!
"Brisco" Bob Mundy! Keith Brown "Col. Harvey" who also went thru leukemia. Paul
Gustafson, always "Regis" carrying his 'Gold Standard' sign in the parade &
doing "Copenhagen" at Col. Tim's!! Elvis! Can't forget 'Elvis' Michael Hoover &
Bobbie!I hope I didn't forget anyone but if I did, blame it on age!
We became personal friends with George Spence & treasure that!
Leroy & Jan, such wonderful people!
"Ernest T" Howard Morris - we had a connection because of Midway Island! He was
there in 1943 & I was there in 1957-58. The old theater where he performed back
then is where I roomed with a couple other guys.
James Best - he autographed my "Boss Hawg" figurine & I have it on my
desk!Thelma Lou! How can I ever forget Betty Lynn! So beautiful & so
nice!Dennis Rush & Keith Thibodeaux.
Ronnie Schell...Air Force!! Always gave him a salute during the Parade!
Maggie Peterson Mancuso, "Charlene" who went the first time in 1998, same year
we went the first time!And "just Friends" over the years! Too numerous to
mention! Lifelong friendships because of Mayberry!
If you ever pass our way to Raleigh NC be sure to drop in for a visit! The door
is always locked but always open to Mayberryites!Sadly....Welford M. Sims
TheCameraNuttt with CLL
Carol C. Sims, AML survivor of 16 years!