Ok, I need to clean my head about something. I've read many articles about
"Where is the real Mayberry ". I live about an hour away from Mt Airy and ride
my motorcycle on the Blue Ridge Parkway fairly often. There are two things I
remember seeing very well up there and anyone else can find the same. One is a
Mayberry Church and the other is a Mayberry Trading Post. I visited the
Mayberry Trading Post and asked a nice lady ( who has lots of Mayberry ( the
show ) memorabilia in her store about the area on the parkway being Mayberry.
She said it was Mayberry and the township or whatever it was , was registered
as Mayberry, though I found the address to be 883 Mayberry Church Rd, Meadows
of Dan, VA 24120. The name of the road raises questions too.
I apologize if I have a false memory but that is what I remember. What makes it
so strange is that Mt. Airy and the Mayberry on the BRP are only 17 miles
apart.  My question here is " Is it not possible that the town of Mayberry was
the origin of the name of TAGS ? Hmm, maybe Im out of the loop and this is old
news.

thank you
Holland
Lexington NC
Less than one hour from Mayberry
....and 1 hour and 30 minutes from Mayberry