>  Was it remotely possible that Andy Griffith/or someone else got the name of
> TAGS
>town from that little spot on the BRP ?

I've been to the Mayberry Church and the Trading Post along the Blue Ridge
Parkway. They are in Mayberry, VA, where Andy Griffith's mother is from. That
is where the name Mayberry originated. As I understand it, it was never
revealed that there was a town in Virginia, and it basically relocated into
North Carolina for the TV show. Griffith was concerned and wanted to keep
interlopers away from his mother's tiny hamlet she called home.

Harriet, the chicken thief. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.