I mostly enjoy all TAGS episodes but am particularly fond of several color episodes for their sentimental and loving content; Only a Rose and Church Benefactors come to mind immediately. I actually don't miss Barney much since he was such a rascal. For those who never met Don Knotts, I must tell you that he in no way resembles Deputy Fife. He was a gentleman of the highest degree. Many years ago I read in the paper that he was to give a speech at the university here so I called to find out his lodging and left a msg inviting him to our chapter meeting. He was gracious enough to actually call me at home and I almost fell down. He explained that he didn't have time as he was flying back out right after the presentation but wished us well. Another time, he was to appear out at Disney World's studios theme park for a hand-print ceremony at Grauman's so a couple of our chapter members went with me to see him. Due to rain it got cancelled but he noticed us out of a window with our Mayberry tees and nametags and asked an attendant to ask us if we would like to visit with him in that meeting room. We were absolutely stunned that he would be so obliging. He autographed our books and posed for pictures and was every bit the charming man he was reputed to be by everyone who ever knew him. We were unaware of the rain after that as we floated on home! That surely attests to a fabulous acting ability too IMHO; I'll never forget him.

Aunt Bee of Orlando