On Wednesday, August 28, 2002 at 17:20, Hoenig, Robert wrote:

HR> strSql = "Select * From tblproapp_cat where esnum = '" & strES & "' AND
HR> revnm = '" & strRevision & "'"

HR> set rsItem = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
HR> rsItem.Open strSql, strconn, adOpenKeyset, adLockPessimistic, adCmdTable

you might be able to get away with a forward only cursor if you don't need
to move backwards, and don't you want adCmdText instead of adCmdTable??

HR> When trying to update the record (and 1 record does exist I checked what it
HR> was returning) I get the following error.

if you've looped through the recordset to display the results, you might
need to go back to the record you want to edit.  you also need to make sure
you call rsItems.Update after you've made the changes to commit them.

though if you're updating the database, why not use an update sql string
and execute it??

hth,

darren.