Page by page basis for the most - out of the box stuff written in Dreamweaver (CSS
window) and the rest in the code (Dreamweaver) window

Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: Trusz, Andrew [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, 26 September 2002 2:31
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [wdvltalk] Re: [SCR] http://www.steveharrison.net/design

Cheryl wrote:

You might want to get TopStyle and use it for your CSS. Even the free
"lite" version is miles ahead of Dreamweaver's built-in editor and it
integrates beautifully with both Dreamweaver 4 and MX. Integration with
MX is native (if installed before MX and can be added later through the
preferences) and there is an extension for Dreamweaver 4.

I wouldn't want to have to write css without it.

Cheryl D. Wise

Where Cheryl finds herself unable to imagine writing css without a special
editor, I can't imagine using such an editor. I find I have to tweak
stylesheets on a page by page basis. The sites have highly idiosyncratic
content so that beyond the basic header-navigation template, the variety in
content requires separately crafted styles. It's easier to paste a few
standard styles in a <style> tag and adjust than to have to keep going back
to yet another tool to make changes.

Admittedly, these are very active sites with serial events, news releases,
program updates, etc. which require a great deal of daily maintenance. It's
not a write-and-forget arrangement. So I'm curious, are you all using a
single stylesheet for a site or do you have to constantly tweak on a page by
page basis? I don't mean tweaking for browsers, I mean tweaking for
aesthetics. And do you write your own or use an editor?

andy

.

____ * The WDVL Discussion List from WDVL.COM * ____

____ * The WDVL Discussion List from WDVL.COM * ____