Is the image a link? If so it may need to be:

div a img {border: 1px solid #ffffff;}

No time to test it myself, so you'll have to let me know. Not sure about non linked images. When I did a quick google, it was all about putting borders for links, and no time to hunt further. You have a page that's posted where you're trying to get this to work? Might be worth a peek at it if you send the URL.

Ali

Ross Clutterbuck wrote:

That's for the contextual selectors, but you don't put a P tag within an
H3 tag for example, which is what the CSS below is saying.

So then why doesn't my rule for images inside divs work then? Brain is still
hurting after that Flash XML stuff...

div img {
border: 1px solid #FFFFFF;
}