> One element is a paint brush gif, that travels a motion guide and
> unmasks some text. A separate element in the movie is more text
> that swaps between two strings, timed with a glow.  I want the text
> swapping and music to loop continuously, so I have the movie
> looping. However, when the paint brush "reveals" the text, I want that
> element *not* to loop. Just once, and done.
>
> Any ideas or tricks???

I *think* you can do this in Flash... you can have an "intro" that plays
once, then have a looping sequence from a certain point onwards on the
timeline.  Not sure as I have only ever made one Flash movie :-)  Anyway...

...if so, make what is now a loop just a single one-time sequence up to the
point where it's complete. Then append after that a copy of the whole thing,
minus the reveal effect, that loops back to that point repeatedly. Hmm?

Bj