> Rudy, if you and/or Jon could point me in the right direction, give me
some
> pointers, tell me what to look for, etc. I would appreciate it.  Floating
> divs?

join the css-discuss discussion list and lurk

   http://css-discuss.incutio.com/

that site has links to all the authoritative and explanatory resources you
need

there is also a related "beginners" css discussion list:

       css-foundations is a mailing list for discussing the practical issues
       faced by developers who are new to cascading style sheets. Those who
are
       less experienced with CSS can feel comfortable asking about CSS and
       standards based web development as it applies to CSS.