Cronan,
  I know what you're saying, but I do believe this one to be a matter of opinion.  To
be honest, I ended up making that paragraph of text 1.1em rather than 1em, purely
because there isn't much text on the home page...  It just reeks of work-around and is
definitely a concession on my part, but graphically I didn't like the fact that the
features extended down past the body copy.  If you or anyone else has any other
suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them (of course the simplest one would be: write
more copy...).
Thanks,
Stephen
http://www.mechavox.com

On Friday, July 18, 2003 4:15 AM, Cronan Gogarty commented:

: Stephen,
:
: yep, that's much better!
:
: OK, you may not agree with me and this will probably provoke a huge
: debate on the subject of accessibility, but I believe the font size
: throughout your site should be reduced.
: The main text on your homepage dwarfs the navigation buttons and
: makes the site look, well, unprofessional, also the fact that the
: font underneath 'features' on the same page is a different size just
: adds to the unprofessional feel.
:
: After saying that I should point out that i love the graphics and
: colours and with a tiny bit of tweaking this site will be perfect.
:
: Regards,
:
: cronán
:
: I agree that it needs some adjustments to promote
: readability.  I have =
:: top aligned the titles, but rather than adding an <hr /> or a =
:: border-bottom style, I've increased the padding top and bottom on
:: the = cells.  If you could take another look, I'd appreciate your
:: feedback on = whether this achieves the desired effect.
::
:: Thanks Very Much,
:: Stephen,
:: http://www.mechavox.com
::
:
: _________________________________________________________________
: MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE*
: http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus
:
:
: ____ * The WDVL Discussion List from WDVL.COM * ____
: To Join wdvltalk, Send An Email To:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
       Send Your Posts To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To set a personal password send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
the words: "set WDVLTALK pw=yourpassword" in the body of the email. To
    change subscription settings to the wdvltalk digest version:

%%email.unsub%%