> Think about this a minute, would you want someone to burn up your own
server
> anonymously like that? That's why a properly configured web server will
only run
> a cgi/perl file that's called from it's own domain via #!/usr/bin/perl (or
something
> like that).
>
> Try to find out more specifly what he actually wants to do, the nature of
the
> question itself makes me think he's got a couple buzz words in his head
and
> maybe what he wants is not what he thinks he wants.

Why not? Isn't this essentially what a web browser does? Posts form data to
a script on a remote machine. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but you add the
form variables to the HTTP Post header. I don't know how to do it under
Unix, but it's a fairly trival exercise using Visual Basic (with the WinInet
library), and even easier under VB.NET. Here is a sample (I haven't tried
it, I found it on the on-line help):

Dim uriString As String
Console.Write(ControlChars.Cr + "Please enter the URI to post data to{for
example, http://www.contoso.com} : ")
uriString = Console.ReadLine()

' Create a new WebClient instance.
Dim myWebClient As New WebClient()
Console.WriteLine(ControlChars.Cr + "Please enter the data to be posted to
the URI {0}:", uriString)
Dim postData As String = Console.ReadLine()
myWebClient.Headers.Add("Content-Type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded")

' Apply ASCII Encoding to obtain the string as a byte array.
Dim byteArray As Byte() = Encoding.ASCII.GetBytes(postData)
Console.WriteLine("Uploading to {0} ...", uriString)

'********* Here is the method that does the POST *****************
' Upload the input string using the HTTP 1.0 POST method.
Dim responseArray As Byte() = myWebClient.UploadData(uriString, "POST",
byteArray)

' Decode and display the response.
Console.WriteLine(ControlChars.Cr + "Response received was :{0}",
Encoding.ASCII.GetString(responseArray))

Robert M. Teague