From: Steve Miller [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2003 8:01 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [wdvltalk] any pc pros?

I come before you as a humble mac person in need of pc help.

I was running NT Server on a pentium III/333 and something happened so that
the box would fatally fail during the login process and quit. No matter what
I tried (repair disk, boot from floppies) I could not restart.  Since I
needed a bigger HD anyway, I put in a 40G WD eide and figgered I'd just
install a new OS. The 2 cds I have are NT Workstation and Win2000.

Simple task, right?

Problem is that, no matter how I set up the hd (as master, slave, CS, or
single) I can't get the pc to find the new hd in Setup, and it won't launch
from the cdrom.

I tried several different cables.
I tried connecting hd only on the cable.
I tried connecting only the cdrom to the cable.
I tried threatening it by leaning it out a second story window...

nada.

Any helpful hints on how to get started?

TIA,
steve

____ * The WDVL Discussion List from WDVL.COM * ____
To set a personal password send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the
words: "set WDVLTALK pw=yourpassword" in the body of the email.