You're going to pay for this one way or the other.  The easy way is to
contract for streaming servers and bandwidth from a company like
Playstream (www.playstream.com).  The hard way is to put up your own
server using the freebie Real Server.

I've had inquiries like this from PTA's, Homeowner groups, Churches, etc.
As soon as they find out what it costs in equipment and servers they drop
the idea.

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003, Dave Navarro wrote:

> I have a local school that wants to "webcast" live video from sports events
> in their Gym.  A number of parents who live out of town would like to view
> the events on the Net.
>
> Is there any type of service similar to Live365 for Video?  A service that
> allows 20 to 50 connections to a live video stream at no cost (preferable)
> with advertising or low-cost?
>
> I thought that RealNetworks had something, but I couldn't locate anything
> on their site.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --Dave

[EMAIL PROTECTED] - learning UNIX very slowly
http://www.metroencoding.com