At 8/26/2003, you wrote:
Should the affected children not
be able to play school sports or otherwise participate in school events
because their parents refuse to sign a consent to video them?

My ex-wife and I divorced when my daughter was a toddler. When she re-married, they moved to the other side of the country. I flew my daughter out for two holidays a year and the summer holidays, but I wasn't able to attend most of her school functions.

For those, I lived for the photos sent to me. When my daughter got into Junior High and started to excel at sports, I flew out for as many games as I could and video taped every single one. They are among my most treasured memories and I still watch them often.

Quite honestly if anyone would have ever asked me to not video tape and photograph her games/plays, etc. I would have told them they'd have to pry the camera out of my cold dead hands. If they have a problem with their child being photographed, then they need to keep the child at home.

My parents both worked when I was growing up and they took few pictures of the things I did (sports, school & church events, etc.). Something my daughter has lamented along with me. Thanks to digital cameras and digital camcorders, I document everything in my life. For my children, grandchildren, and generations to follow.

--Dave

To set a personal password send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the words: "set WDVLTALK pw=yourpassword" in the body of the email.