Go wireless, less stress, no cabling works, and... MOBILITY!!! Get a
wireless accesspoint that also does routing. Then get PCMCIA wireless
adapters for the laptops as well as PCI wireless adapters for the PC's
(you can also get USB ones). Some useful makes are linksys, dlink and
cisco.

AFAIK cisco does not provide 802.11g devices whereas linksys does, I
dunno for dlink. 802.11g is better than traditional 802.11b since it
runs at 54mbps instead of 11mbps. You can also get 802.11a which runs at
54mbps but uses a different frequency that's less congested.

Try to get a device that does access point AS WELL AS router, this will
avoid additional costs.

HTH

Paul