Hey KoaFar,

Well, I certainly cannot write one myslef :)  It's on my
list though, as soon as I find the time to learn...

I have used 2checkout.com's open source cart, which really
sucks.  I used paypal's and it's ok for small sites.

I have used Dansie cart: http://www.dansie.net/cart.html
and liked it.  It works with lots of payment options and
has great tech support -  very easy to customize.

My favorite one is www.clickcartpro.com.  It's affordable,
works with just about any merchant, has lots of features
and pretty good tech support to boot. Actually I love this
one and use it as often as I can :)

Hope that helps, good luck :)

Jenni