On Friday, December 12, 2003, 4:46:04 PM, Bj commented:

B> Anyone who's used cron - is there a problem with scheduling more than one
B> job to run at the same time?  (more than one entry with 0 0 * * *).  Should
B> I be staggering the start times?

I don't think that it should be for a job that is not too
demanding on the processor, but perhaps backing up a large
database would be a problem.

I use shell scripts when I want to run multiple jobs at the
same time.  So, for example, I have a cron job like this:

# DAILY JOBS:
02 01 * * * $HOME/etc/cron-daily.sh

cron-daily.sh has all sorts of jobs listed - it probably
runs about 15-20 different jobs, but obviously the computer
will run each command in the script in series. It really
doesn't take much processing time to run the whole script,
but even if it did it wouldn't matter.

A shell script simply has to be a simple text file with each
command on a different line and permissions set to 755.

-Abigail