Bj & Rudy,
Thanks for your responses. I had used a "print" style sheet already but
I still couldn't get it to fit the page... Then I was messing around
with it tonight & went into the settings of the printer and reduced the
left & right borders to the minimal allowed and it fits!! what a relief.
As i mentioned I thought I'd have to redo the layout and shave 25px
approx. off the width of the layout just for printing. The client wants
to be able to print off pages from the site & send them out to
clients... don't ask me why but they do :o)
so a story with a happy ending - makes a change!

thanks again,
jac.

http://www.evolt.org/article/Kissing_Print_Versions_of_Pages_Goodbye/20/
2222
5/&e=912

As that page says, what most people do is just have a button for
"Printer
friendly page" and have an alternate page where the layout flows nicely
for
printing.  I would trust that more than CSS but that's just me :o)

Oh and - holiday?  there's a holiday?  (Kidding - I am full of turkey
and
chocolates, what could be better!)

Bj