At 09:18 PM 02/16/2004 +0000, you wrote:
Here's another point:  Adobe seem to have fallen to the same condition
afflicting other "free" software suppliers lately.  Version 5 wasn't bad,
but have you tried Acrobat Reader 6?  it's another of those bloated
megalomaniac programs that wants to phone home to the corporation every time
you run it.  Every PC I support where I find v6, I have to take it off and
put v5 back on.  It really isn't worth suggesting to some poort soul that
they should "download Adobe's free reader" any more, as they will
undoubtedly hate you if they follow your advice.  Give them a free Word
viewer instead.

Speaking of Adobe, has anyone been able to reach their website lately? For the past several weeks, I've gotten nothing but '404' errors for every 'Adobe' link I've tried! I was mainly trying to find information on some of the old Syntrillium software (Cool Edit Pro, Wind Chimes, etc.) since Adobe bought up Syntrillium, but I cannot reach either Syntrillium *or* Adobe's site - not even the "Free Reader" links have been working for me, though I can surf everywhere else I try to go. Curious!

Cheers,
Tom Fosson
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
 Here's a few of the programs I use myself!
http://aznewyou.com/cyberpub/whatsnew.shtml

No prob at the moment: this http://www.adobe.com/search/main.html will bring up their search page - there are a lot of references to Cool edit Pro....

Franni
--
Mediation Technology ........................... mTank
http://www.mediation.co.uk  ....  http://www.mtank.com

Check out our View from the Fen for a Cambridge
perspective on key issues in the digital world
This month: 'Vote anyway you like...'
http://www.mediation.co.uk/view7-1.html

Or vote for YOUR favourite of the past year's books at:
http://www.whsmithbookawards.co.uk/med1/

To set a personal password send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the words: "set WDVLTALK pw=yourpassword" in the body of the email.